Time to invert the testing and debugging project

I had the opportunity to spend some time with several folks from RW contributors group, by attending @dthyresson’s office hour. David invited me to try to explain what am I typing about, where to use it, and why am I trying to be so generic in the three threads listed below:

1. Proposal: testing and debugging project
  2. Tandem: testing and debugging project - phase II
  3. Tandem: implementation, use, and feedback collection

To summarize the whole few months of this effort in one sentence:

Everything written so far is the attempt to create structured tool-shed formatted to look like Redwood Tutorial and the to engage Redwood fans to use this tool-shed in the effort to create a gigantic cook-book (paraphrasing David here).

(My big mistake was to build the tool-shed in the open, expecting that all folks are mind readers, perfectly understanding my intent with this project.)

Explaining this is the step 0 of the future RedwoodJS Developer’s cookbook. The next step requires a bit of time, where people initially attracted to my parade of tools, grasp the actual task and together with others running into this thread overflow m with their desires in the format like:

• List of use case scenarios (preferably in the terms of issues encountered in Redwood Tutorial)
  • List of tools used in any of the use case scenario (do not be limited by the the existing collection of tools

More tomorrow :wink:

Nice.

I’ve recently had a similar discussion with a friend – we can’t count on grokking (in any direction)

I remember thinking like this before – when I was searching for writings on ‘The <insert-framework-name-here> Way’

The framework insiders have internalized the knowledge - and to varying degrees, begin to intuit the optimal usage – they use the minimum required to use the framework to the fullest, often without thinking about it anymore.

This is when one learns what it is to teach, how do you transfer intuition to another person?

ttyl

Al;

The above three mentioned testing and debugging threads will be frozen and eventually removed.

1. Proposal: testing and debugging project
  2. Tandem: testing and debugging project - phase II
  3. Tandem: implementation, use, and feedback collection

Anyone having any opinions on this explanation of what the Testing and Debugging was and what it should be, please add your comments below for continuity sake.

The new discussion on the subject Redwood Applications Development Cookbook (RADC) starts here.