- We’ve upgraded to Apollo Client v3!
- We’ve dropped support for IE 11 and remove some things in the bundle that are no longer required. This gave us a ~80KB reduction in bundle size.
- Upgraded to Apollo Client v3 #1005 @thedavidprice
- Reduce bundle size by ~80KB #1132 @peterp
- The CLI was getting a slow, we did a bit of an audit and managed to improve the speed significantly. #1173 @peterp
- Allow CORS to be passed to the GraphQL handler #1175 @peterp
- When trying to destroy pages the propParam was not defined. #1162 @jwkratz
- Add the required prisma binaries when generating an aws deployment target #1144 @hemildesai
- Fix the generated cell test template #1142 @thedavidprice
- In Storybook import
index.[css,scss]file #1134 @RyannosaurusRex
- Put migration name in quotes #1123 @amorriscode
- Fix stats command #1126 @peterp
- We’ve dropped support for IE 11, which might be a concern for some users, if you absolutely want to support IE 11 please reach out to @peterp and he’ll write up some instructions.
- We’ve upgraded Apollo Client to v3.1.4, if you modified the cache when a mutation ran then you might experience some issues, please check the migration notes for Apollo Client: https://www.apollographql.com/docs/react/migrating/apollo-client-3-migration/
How to upgrade RedwoodJS to v0.19.0
IMPORTANT: Skipping versions when upgrading is not recommended and will likely cause problems. Do read through all Release Notes between your current version and this latest version. Each minor release will likely require you to implement breaking change fixes and apply manual code modifications.
Manual Code Modifications
- In the last few releases, we let you know that
dbshould not be passed
createGraphQLHandler. We’ve now removed that. You should instead disconnect from Prisma in
onExceptionin the file
onException. See Lines 16-19 in this reference example here.
- Drop support for IE 11 by updating Browserslist targets in
- Update targets on Lines 5-8 in this reference example
- Improve VS Code debugging by adding
- Create a new file and add the code in this reference example
Run the following command within your App directory:
yarn rw upgrade
To run the
upgrade command, your project must be using v0.6.0 or greater. See this forum topic for manual upgrade instructions and general upgrade help.
Redwood Releases on GitHub
You can see all Redwood release notes and version history on GitHub