RedwoodJs and React Native

Unfortunately not. Our work on totally restructuring auth has been taking longer than expected. But it’s finally ready to ship. Hopefully later this week. After that focus is going to be React18 and Vite (including SSR support). From what it looks like right now I wouldn’t expect any news regarding mobile support until April at the earliest.

Hi all! I will comment this here for consideration as an extra side, apart from React Native and Solito (which i think is great!). Today I have achieved to build and Android APK based on the rw’s web side using Capacitor.js, it is a simple example but could be the foundation to add the first side for mobile.

For sure someone else has done it first but it has not been officially promoted in Redwood. So I would like to know if you would consider taking a look at this, and analyze if it would be suitable in the Redwood Roadmap, I can help exposing with my findings in this topic.

C.C: @Tobbe

@disistemas I think @pi0neerpat uses capacitor for a production app. But as you said, not sure if anything is written about it. Would be awesome if you could write a guide for others to follow in a separate thread here on the forums!

@Tobbe the article is here: https://community.redwoodjs.com/t/how-to-add-redwoodjs-mobile-side/4640. I’ll be writing the guide as soon as possible.

1 Like

Awesome! Looking forward to it!