Are you interested in contributing to RedwoodJS but need help getting started? Regardless of your experience or skill-set, you’re invited to participate!
In this two-hour workshop, we’ll walk through everything you need to know:
- finding something to work on,
- setting up for local development,
- testing your code with framework tools + Gitpod, and
- opening a PR for discussion and review.
- Thursday, February 10th
- 2:30pm - 4:30pm PST (22:30 - 00:30 UTC)
- Free with required registration
Your local time: 2022-02-10T22:30:00Z → 2021-12-17T00:30:00Z
The event will be held on Discord in the “Redwood Live” channel. Free registration via Lu.ma is the easiest way to get access. Follow this link to register:
Anyone who is interested in contributing to RedwoodJS is welcome to join. However, the walkthrough will assume you have a basic understanding of these topics:
I’ll move quickly through forking a repo, cloning locally, creating a branch, committing, etc. If all this is new to you, GitHub offers some courses to get you up to speed:
- Introduction to GitHub (overview of concepts and workflow)
- First Day on GitHub (including Git)
- First Week on GitHub (parts 3 and 4 might be helpful)
I won’t spend much time on Redwood basics — instead, we’ll be working on the code for Redwood packages. It will help you understand the concepts and connections I cover if you’re already familiar with Redwood’s fundamentals. Ideally, you’ll have spent time going through the Redwood Tutorial Part 1:
- Workshop will be conversational and casual, with a majority of the time spent live-streaming the process in GitHub, setting up local development, and working in VS Code.
- We encourage participants to enable audio and video, but if you choose to join audio-only and listen in that’s fine as well. You’ll be expected to participate in the brief introductions at the beginning.
- Workshop will be recorded and made publicly available.