Video-chat with Twilio-video

I want to build a video-chat using Twilio-video,netlify-identity and hasura for the backend.
Anyone have an idea how to build it quickly?
Thanks

Hi @jiftuq I don’t have any experience with either Twilio video or Hasura. In general, I think it will be hard for people to offer helpful recommendations for something so high level. But if you have any examples about how you’re trying to integrate components with Redwood, I bet people could help evaluate and guide you a bit better.

It’s definitely possible to use Redwood only for the Web side (and, thus, delete the API directory — see this cookbook). If you’re using Hasura, you can connect from the Web to Hasura endpoints directly. The disadvantage of this is you lose Redwood’s Cells data handling. You’d also need to handle Netlify Identity configuration yourself for anything API related.

Instead, you could skip Hasura and use Redwood’s GraphQL API to connect to Twilio-video. Here’s an example Cookbook demonstrating how to integrate with a 3rd party API:

My recommendation would be to give Twilio integration a shot, see if you can make some progress, and then evaluate viability from there.

Keep us posted!

Twilio-video when queried respond with a JWT token that will open a room to videochat,
do you think it will work well with redwood/graqhql?

What other frameworks @jiftuq are you considering using?

Sometimes the best way to know is to simply try it out – implement a thin slice through the functionality (as @thedavid noted: “give Twilio integration a shot”) – and report back what works well and what doesn’t.

Twilio-video when queried respond with a JWT token that will open a room to videochat,do you think it will work well with redwood/graqhql?

@dthyresson I recall an example (or discussion) somewhere related to using JWTs for integration/access. Ringing any :bell:?