[Tutorial] Using an Azure PostgreSQL DB with Redwood

A month and a half after having tried my hand at plugging an Azure Database for PostgreSQL server (wow what a mouthful) into Redwood, I finally wrote down the steps I followed in order to do so :smiley:

Let me know what you think! This was my first foray into writing, hopefully not the last :slight_smile:

Next steps for this blurb is to cross-post it on dev.to, and tweeting to @AzureDBPostgres about it for the clout, although Iā€™ll probably wait until MS Ignite is over.

9 Likes

Thereā€™s no way thatā€™s the first thing youā€™ve ever written, youā€™re a natural! Love the design, too.

You absolutely nailed my favorite technical writing styleā€”just enough humor to keep the reader interested, but not so much that it obscures what youā€™re actually trying to learn about. (I read something recently where every single paragraph had a joke and it was so exhausting to read.) I like to think I did the same in the tutorial ā€”you could plug this post into the middle of it and no one would be the wiser! Although your expert use of emoji may be a hint. :skunk::safety_pin::snowman:(I have no idea what Iā€™m doing.)

More blog posts please!

4 Likes

Could not agree with you more @rob. Your personality shows in your writing (which is a really good thing!) and absolutely love the geek-chic vibe on your blog. Its brilliant how you use the ā€œthought blocksā€ to break up the flow to make it more enjoyable. Having that TOC is a nice touch too.

I second the motion, more blog posts please! :open_book::nerd_face::globe_with_meridians::partying_face:

4 Likes

I second and third @rob and @danny ā€¦ itā€™s rare you read something that describes a complicated process but makes it feel like anyone can do it

2 Likes

Nice work! And now you have to present at a future Meetup.

:rocket::rocket:

^^ very rare double-rocket

3 Likes

Thank you everyone, youā€™re all too kind! Reason #15 why this community is awesome :sunglasses:

You nailed it!

:gloves: yes :lion: please :beverage_box: more :fuelpump: emojis :bath:

That is a great way to phrase it, thanks @danny! Definitely better than ā€œI have no design skills so Iā€™m using Paint and hoping people think itā€™s on purposeā€ :joy:

Thatā€™s exactly what I was going for, glad to hear thatā€™s how it looks like :slight_smile:

:scream:

4 Likes

Awesome! When you first mentioned working on this I was hoping youā€™d do a write up, so I look forward to digging into this. This will also give me an excuse to finally try Azure.

1 Like