[Solved] We need a Storybook tutorial! [boom!]

If you have used Storybook with Redwood, would you be willing to write a post on how to do that?

As a new user of Redwood I would like to follow a tutorial using more of the suggested tools

</advocate>

Assuming you’ve already gone through the Introduction to Storybook section of the tutorial you can check out Making Better Components With Storybook by Milecia and I also did a meetup talk about a year ago, Using Storybook with Redwood, where I walk through the Storybook section of the tutorial. I totally agree though, we could use a lot more Storybook material.

Also this Design-first Full-stack: RedwoodJS, Storybook, and Tailwind - YouTube should help you in understanding the cool redwood flow of building stuff.

P.S: is not really “Redwood flow” but you get the point.

2 Likes

No, @ajcwebdev I had never noticed that there was a part II of the tutorial !!

@bogdan ! OMG ! that’s what I was looking for !!

@thedavid – That should be our tutorial now !!

(it’s certainly going to be my commercial for introducing Redwood at work !!)

As always, Redwood Rules !!

later: the more I use storybook the better the experience becomes, our Tutorial really needs to start with getting Storybook Running !!!

1 Like

@thedavid would you post that video to the redwood you tube channel?

that way it’s referenced from the awesome-redwood (which needs to showcase that, imo)

(it never ends… :slight_smile:

Good call, the awesome-redwood repo actually references videos from all over the place and not just the Redwood YouTube channel so I’ve added it here.

1 Like

I just posted my comments to @thedavid’s storybook-redwood demo, insinuating the need for several tutorials on RedwoodJS using CMS as backends (Contentful, Joomla, Kajabi, Drupal and Strapi - this list could be smaller and larger, dependent on a quick poll we could set up).

I like @thedavid’s choice for the demo - with a proposal that instead of presenting the storybook team, we introduce the RedwoodJS core team and “deserving” contributors (showing storybook team to Contentful, Strapi, etc would not be politically correct :wink:)