This release improves the existing Auth package (including a new Auth provider), adds the new “Flash” Messaging Bus, and has numerous CLI improvements and bug fixes.
BREAKING: If you are upgrading, there are breaking changes to the Auth package and manual code changes required. See “Breaking Changes” and “How to Upgrade” below.
- Added Firebase provider to the Auth package, including a Generator
- Read the documentation
- Added a “Flash” Messaging Bus to pass temporary message objects between components
- Want to help contribute to the Redwood framework but not sure where to get started? There’s brand new documentation to help you do just that! And for all you Windows users out there, Redwood has a lot of fixes and improvements to make your contributions much easier.
Special thanks go out to @noire-munich, @Terris, @jtoar, and @Tobbe for the highlights above. And to everyone else who contributed so much to this release, Redwood is better because of you! As a community, we are grateful.
- Auth: Reorganize @redwoodjs/auth #637
- CLI: Add --auto-approve to
db up#661 @rockymeza
- CLI: Centralize yargs defaults #674 @kimadeline
- CLI: Remove
prisma generate --watchtask from dev command #699
- CLI: Add
yarn rw db savecommand #708
- Generator: Remove cleanup from some generator test templates #681 @jtoar
- CSS: Use PostCSS loader if a PostCSS config file is present #696 @bjackson
- Config: Clean up the way exported global values are defined #697
- Config: Set browser.open default to false #712 @jtoar
- Prisma: upgrade prisma 2.0.1 #713
- Release Notes
- prisma introspect improvement
- Forms: Add generic typeless InputField component #590 @gfpacheco
- Auth: Firebase generator #643 @noire-munich
- Auth: Send logOut options to auth client #690 @dnprock
- Messaging: Add flash message component #654 @Terris
- CLI: feat(create-redwood-app) cli flags to show up help and version information #671 @jamesgeorge007
- Tests: Add MSW to testing package #687 @RobertBroersma
- Router: Links: Use browser default behavior for ctrl-clicks etc #677 @Tobbe
- Generator: Fix pluralization in gen page name #683 @evanmoncuso
rwt copyfix for Windows #694 @Tobbe
- CLI: nodemon double quotes to fix windows issue #702 @Tobbe
- TS: Make
yarn rw build apialso transpile .ts extensions #703
Auth Package Changes
The following changes were made to the Auth package, which will break existing implementations when upgrading to v0.11.0.
currentUserwas renamed to
currentUseris now populated from data from
magic.linkprovider type was renamed to
How to upgrade RedwoodJS packages to v0.11.0
IMPORTANT: Skipping versions when upgrading is not recommended and will likely cause problems. Do read through all Release Notes between your current version and this latest version. Each minor release will likely require you to implement breaking change fixes and apply manual code modifications.
Manual Code Change
This release includes an improvement to the command used by Netlify build, which was added to the Redwood template in this commit. To manually implement the change, follow these steps:
- In your project root directory, open the file
- Change the build command to be
yarn rw db up --no-db-client --auto-approve && yarn rw build
This adds the flag
--auto-approve , which fixes an error some users experienced when applying migration changes to the DB.
If the Current Version is >
Redwood v0.6.0 included a new CLI command to upgrade @redwoodjs NPM packages. Run the following command within your App directory:
yarn rw upgrade
If the Current Version is <
Manually update the following
"@redwoodjs/auth": "^0.11.0”(if installed)
Install the upgraded packages
Redwood Releases on GitHub
You can see all Redwood release notes and version history on GitHub