The holidays are here! Many individuals on the Redwood Core Team are going to take a much-needed break, which means specific maintainer activities are going to slow down a bit from now until January:
- responses and reviews for GitHub Issues and PRs
- support and discussion here and Discord
This time of year is a bit of a catch-22 for Open Source projects — maintainers often use the time to unplug from the stream of notifications while others in the community might finally be able to take time to contribute or start a new Redwood project. The good news is that this is a community project with all kinds of fantastic people active every day. Although we won’t be able to merge PRs without the lead maintainers, there’s a lot of ways to help for those of you who are planning to stay active:
- support and encourage people here and Discord
- respond to questions and comments in GitHub Issues and PRs
- review PRs (yes, you can!)
- help escalate important items and topics for the Core Team to review starting in January
- have fun!
Lastly, if you’re working on projects over the holidays, please reply to this post — drop us a line about what you’re working on, and what your stack is like (CSS, JS libraries, integrations, deployment target) — we’d love to know the trends in our community of Redwood makers!
Most of all, have fun and enjoy the holidays! We can’t wait to experience all the amazing things 2022 has in store for the Redwood community