Redwood Hero: Chris Burns

My handwriting is awful.

I can write a card but my mom would ring me up to ask what I wrote on that card. My spelling, grammar, and punctuation are abysmal. Growing up, some people thought I was stupid, but I actually have dyslexia.

Dyslexia makes me different. I think differently. Sometimes it can be hard for people to understand me. When I was a child, I looked up to Richard Branson because he started the Virgin Group and he was dyslexic. To me, he proved that even if you have difficulties in learning, there are still paths to success.

Today, my path to success is through coding, which enables me to build out my ideas and be an entrepreneur. I’m a better programmer because I have dyslexia and can see the bigger picture. Everyone has a path that they can excel in. You have to find it.

Chris and his co-founder Will, are building an ambitious startup on RedwoodJS backed by leading angels in the Jamstack space. Redwood has taught Chris what a great community in Javascript can look like. Through the community, he met his co-host Anthony Campolo for the Fullstack Jamstack podcast! Together, they’ve passed over 20,000 downloads!

Make sure you check out Chris’s startup Everfund and the latest episode of Fullstack Jamstack!

1 Like