Join us on Thursday, July 30th for the next Redwood Meetup
We’re adjusting the format and duration based on what we learned last time. Although the format is not yet finalized, here’s what to expect:
- 1.5 hours, split into two, 45-minute halves (join when you can for as long as you can)
- Possibly some kind of afterparty (open conversation and networking)
- A mix of presentations organized around a Redwood topic, along with some specific examples diving into code
July 30th from 17:30-19:00 UTC (10:30-11:30am Pacific)
Local Time: 2020-07-30T17:30:00Z → 2020-07-30T19:00:00Z
Registration Required: https://hopin.to/events/drop-in-meetup-july-30th
If you have any difficulty joining the Meetup on Hopin, we’ll also be monitoring the Redwood Discord server to help as needed. Here’s the link to Redwood’s Discord .
Mobile Device Heads-Up: Although Hopin web works on mobile, it’s not optimal, especially for viewing screen share video.
How to participate
First off, make sure you register to hold a spot. When you join on Thursday, you’ll have the option to simply watch the live discussion, engage in chat, or ask to join the video conversation to discuss your questions and experience.
Want to initiate a topic or discussion with an example? Please DM me, and I’ll work to make it happen! The plan will be flexible and fluid, but I am asking a few people to have topics prepared to initiate specific conversations.
How Hopin works
We are using the Hopin.to event service to host this Meetup. While Hopin is designed for large events, it has features we can use for the following:
- multi-presenter video and screen share
- ability to “invite” attendees ad-hoc to join by video+audio for discussion (note: no one will be required to do this unless they ask)
- as attendee size grows, can split into multiple spaces for different conversations (note: TBD if we use this feature)
Need help with Hopin? Here’s their support knowledgebase: https://support.hopin.to/en/collections/1945014-using-hopin-as-an-attendee
Just reply below or send me a DM here on the forums.
Hope to see you at the Meetup!