Prisma Migrate Error

I am spinning up a new Redwood app following the tutorial. Pretty standard stuff:

yarn create redwood-app <appName>
yarn rw g page home /
yarn rw setup ui tailwindcss

Then I added the following to my tailwind.config.js file:

const heroPatterns = require('tailwindcss-hero-patterns/src/patterns')

module.exports = {
  content: ['src/**/*.{js,jsx,ts,tsx}'],
  theme: {
    fontFamily: {
      special: ['Macondo', 'cursive'],
    },
    heroPatterns: {
      topography: heroPatterns.topography,
      bubbles: heroPatterns.bubbles,
    },
    extend: {},
  },
  plugins: [require('tailwindcss-hero-patterns')],
}

I am using hero-patterns so I have to install the plugin. I have to use npm for this since yarn returns an errror.

npm install tailwindcss-hero-patterns

Now I want to start working on Getting Dynamic So, I edit my api > db > schema.prisma file as per the tutorial and run yarn rw prisma migrate dev.

I get this error:

Internal Error: root-workspace-0b6124@workspace:.: This package doesn't seem to be present in your lockfile; run "yarn install" to update the lockfile
    at tF.getCandidates (/Users/isaactait/.node/corepack/yarn/3.2.0/yarn.js:437:4480)
    at wd.getCandidates (/Users/isaactait/.node/corepack/yarn/3.2.0/yarn.js:395:1281)
    at /Users/isaactait/.node/corepack/yarn/3.2.0/yarn.js:441:7765
    at Pg (/Users/isaactait/.node/corepack/yarn/3.2.0/yarn.js:394:11098)
    at le (/Users/isaactait/.node/corepack/yarn/3.2.0/yarn.js:441:7745)

So, I run yarn install and then try yarn rw prisma migrate dev again and I get this error:

(node:46582) [FST_MODULE_DEP_FASTIFY-REPLY-FROM] FastifyWarning.fastify-reply-from: fastify-reply-from has been deprecated. Use @fastify/reply-from@7.0.0 instead.
(Use `node --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)

Running Prisma CLI...
$ yarn prisma migrate dev --schema ""/Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/<appName>/api/db/schema.prisma""

Environment variables loaded from .env
Error: Provided --schema at /Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/My doesn't exist.

If I delete the tailwind-hero-pattern plugin and remove the references to it in the tailwind.config.js file and re-run yarn install and re-run yarn rw prisma migrate dev the "provided --schema doesn't exist" error is still present. So, I do not think it is the plugin causing the error.

Any ideas on what I should try to fix this?

Repo link (if it is helpful)

Hey @IsaacT8, I believe it’s this error here:

We’ll get this tested, fixed, and patched, but for now the workaround is removing spaces from the path.

2 Likes

Thank you @dom for this. Replacing the space with an underscore _ removed the error. Now I can run yarn rw prisma migrate dev again :exclamation:

Great—I’ll prioritize a fix for this!

This has been fixed in Release v1.3.3 · redwoodjs/redwood · GitHub. There’s also a unit test for it.

1 Like