Possible need to update rw app building process

Summary

Writing this, I wanted to warn @dom (and other rw folks maintaing rw) about several warnings I just caught trying to build a rw app. Of course, @dom can shorten this discussion by stating that he is aware of all these issues.

Details

All the following warnings were observed while building the simplest possible RW app, created to serve as the landing page for Fixie AI based help for the family of documents in RedwoodJS Docs. I am aware that many of the following warnings cannot be addressed as they show up as the consequence of using them indirectly

fsevents@npm:2.3.3: Implicit dependencies on node-gyp are discouraged
chokidar@npm:2.1.8 is deprecated: Chokidar 2 does not receive security updates since 2019

Many similar warnings follow - I can restore them if needed. the followind warnings are requested by various RW components, meaning that they might be addressed.

redwoodjs/cli@npm:6.5.1 doesn't provide react (pe6864), requested by @redwoodjs/prerender
redwoodjs/cli@npm:6.5.1 doesn't provide react-dom (pa48b5), requested by @redwoodjs/prerender
npm:6.5.1 [6c4a1] doesn't provide prop-types (p735c2), requested by @redwoodjs/web
npm:6.5.1 doesn't provide prop-types (p36610), requested by @redwoodjs/web

Hey @adriatic, yeah we’re aware of them. I’m working on fixing the ones issued by the Redwood packages.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that this issue is now in your backyard :heart_eyes: