Introducing the Chakra UI Hackathon!

Hello :wave:

We at Chakra UI consider all of you fine folks at Redwood as friends! So, as a friend, I’d like to let you know that we’re organizing our first Chakra UI Hackathon!

It’s a remote hackathon starting from May 3rd. The goal is to create the best Chakra UI component out there, and have it contributed to Chakra UI. We’ve got super cool prizes for the Top 3 winning teams, so you’ll have fun, meet new people, make OSS contributions, and even GET PAID!

Here’s the hackathon website: https://hackathon.chakra-ui.com/. There’s more info, like the rules and the agenda, so make sure to check it out.

Thank you so much!
Lazar from Chakra UI :green_heart:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for posting. And we’re happy to help spread the word :rocket:

Have fun next week.

1 Like

Hello @nikolovlazar - several (5) months later, I was able to see the results of the hackathon competition, but not the applications that were pronounced as best. Is such information available?

1 Like

I don’t think we’ve published them. We left that to the teams themselves, in case some of them didn’t want to published their codes and submissions. They weren’t building applications, but components. We gave them the Select component with a custom dropdown as a challenge.