Installing RW: wants an earlier version of YARN

Hi,

I want to install a new redwood app, but I get this message. It appears that I need to have an earlier version of yarn “yarn >=1.15.0 required, but you have 1.22.4.”

Can you help me with this?

PS D:\Eurocampaign> yarn create redwood-app ./localcampaign
yarn create v1.22.4
[1/4] Resolving packages…
[2/4] Fetching packages…
[3/4] Linking dependencies…
warning “create-redwood-app > @redwoodjs/internal > @babel/plugin-transform-typescript@7.13.0” has unmet peer dependency “@babel/core@^7.0.0-0”.
warning “create-redwood-app > @redwoodjs/internal > @babel/plugin-transform-typescript > @babel/helper-create-class-features-plugin@7.13.11” has unmet peer dependency “@babel/core@^7.0.0”.
warning “create-redwood-app > @redwoodjs/internal > @babel/plugin-transform-typescript > @babel/plugin-syntax-typescript@7.12.13” has unmet peer dependency “@babel/core@^7.0.0-0”.
[4/4] Building fresh packages…
success Installed “create-redwood-app@0.27.1” with binaries:
- create-redwood-app
[############################################################################################################] 224/224
√ Creating Redwood app
√ Creating directory ‘D:\Eurocampaign\localcampaign’

Installing packages
× Checking node and yarn compatibility
→ yarn >=1.15.0 required, but you have 1.22.4.
Running ‘yarn install’… (This could take a while)
Convert TypeScript files to JavaScript

Error: node >=14.0.0 required, but you have 12.18.1.
yarn >=1.15.0 required, but you have 1.22.4.
at C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Yarn\Data\global\node_modules\create-redwood-app\dist\create-redwood-app.js:132:25
at C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Yarn\Data\global\node_modules\check-node-version\index.js:84:7
at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:294:7)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:286:5) {
context: [Object: null prototype] {}
}
error Command failed.
Exit code: 1
Command: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\create-redwood-app
Arguments: ./localcampaign
Directory: D:\Eurocampaign
Output:

Hi there @Boadicea45 Judging by this part of the error message it’s actually your Node version that needs to be updated. And, wow, that is a terribly unhelpful error message isn’t it?

The Prerequisites section of the Tutorial had some recommendations for managing and installing Node if needed.

Hope this does the trick!