No one ever writes errors, right? So, we’ll never get an error page …
But, when you do, your app’s error page should be helpful, informative and not too scary.
In dev, you might get a dev friendly error with stack traces, but the framework’s error page is:
As with the Not Found Page there’s so much opportunity to redesign.
Let’s get creative and improve this experience for those times when your users ask hey … wha happened?
You can find the code for the Error Page here:
Some general considerations:
- All markup and styles need to be within the component
- Shouldn’t rely on TailwindCss
- Supports Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Quick to load, so relatively lightweight
- Friendly, engaging, exciting
- Reflects mission and sentiment from Docs - Introduction : RedwoodJS Docs
Open to new animation, mascot/characters, helpful links to resources … be creative!
And – practically every RedwoodJS dev will get to see your work at some point. How cool is that?
Reply here if you are interested and will be posting either a repo to contribute to or some other way to showcase your work so people can see and maybe vote for the page that becomes part of v1!