GraphQL localhost not spinning up

When I navigate to http://localhost:8911/graphql after running yarn rw dev I get the message in my browser that the site cannot be reached.

When I scroll back up through the terminal output I see the following:

api | 10:45:17 🌲 Server listening at http://[::]:8911
api | /Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/Portfolio/mountainTopCoding_2.0/api/src/functions/graphql.js:16
api |     services: makeServices({ services }),
api |               ^
api |
api |
api | TypeError: (0 , import_api.makeServices) is not a function
api |     at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/Portfolio/mountainTopCoding_2.0/api/src/functions/graphql.js:16:15)
api |     at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1246:14)
api |     at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1300:10)
api |     at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1103:32)
api |     at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:942:12)
api |     at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1127:19)
api |     at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:112:18)
api |     at /Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/Portfolio/mountainTopCoding_2.0/node_modules/@redwoodjs/api-server/dist/plugins/lambdaLoader.js:34:11
api |     at new Promise (<anonymous>)
api |     at new Wrapper (/Users/isaactait/Desktop/Web_Dev/Portfolio/mountainTopCoding_2.0/node_modules/core-js-pure/internals/export.js:18:24)

localhost://8910 is working fine. I am on Redwood 4.1.4 Anyone have any ideas on what is going on here? I have been playing with Netlify CMS and need access to the GraphQL playground so I can finish setting up my blog…

try to remove the makeServices function as show in the screenshot below to see if your graphql is working or not.

1 Like

Thank you @fireworks2005 your comment helped point me in the right direction. After a refresher on Services I noticed that my code did not look quite right. Pushed the update and now GraphQL is spinning up in localhost!