Fly.io deployment help

Hey there,

Has anyone managed to successfully deploy a RedwoodJS app onto Fly.io? I’m not having much luck using the default settings provided when running flyctl launch. When I deploy the app is not accessible so the container restarts over and over:

[error] failed to connect to machine: gave up after 15 attempts (in 9.272853195s)

[error] instance refused connection. is your app listening on 0.0.0.0:8910? make sure it is not only listening on 127.0.0.1 (hint: look at your startup logs, servers often print the address they are listening on)

Full details are at RedwoodJS deployment is not working - #5 by rubys - Build debugging - Fly.io

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Oliver

Hi @oreid,
I replied to you in your thread on fly.io, let me know if the info helps solve your issue!

I’ll be adding some context to the open issue here #9789 so you can track the progress of the issue as well.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

@oreid – Let us know if you’re able to get everything up and running… We deployed the Conference Badge app via Fly.io. It’s open source, if you want to take a look at any of our settings (like our fly.toml or Dockerfile)

Thanks @tbay06 and @ahaywood. As mentioned in my thread on Fly the issue here has been identified and a work around is available: RedwoodJS deployment is not working - #5 by rubys - Build debugging - Fly.io

I also see that fix(fastify): Prevent duplicate `@fastify/url-data` registration by Josh-Walker-GM · Pull Request #9794 · redwoodjs/redwood · GitHub has been merged and is just awaiting release which will hopefully fix the default generated start script on the fly side.

I am also struggling getting deployed to Fly.IO trying to find a platform to start trying the SSR Streaming and serverful deployments.

I tried from a new create-redwood-app but could not figure out the build errors I was getting so I actually just forked the badge app. I stripped it back down to a basic app just trying to have supabase auth with some of the auth pages working with this repo:

The deploy is a little wonky because I have to make sure it does not overwrite the dockerfile as it’ll try to force it on NODE_VERSION 16.13 as well as remove all the other setup.

It “deploys” but it doesn’t actually have anything showing:
https://flyioishard-young-thunder-8164.fly.dev