dbAuth Cookie Expiration Questions

Hey there!

I’ve got a RedwoodJS application built using dbAuth and I have a couple questions that I can’t find anything about in the docs.

1. Is there a way to update the cookie’s expiration whenever a user makes a request, so that it only expires after the user has been inactive for some amount of time?
  2. Right now, whenever the cookie is expired, it just throws this error in the API and returns a 500: Error: Exception in getAuthenticationContext: The Authorization header is not valid. Typically I would expect this to return a 401 or similar so that I could catch that in the web side and log out the user, but I don’t see a way to change this behavior. Is there any advice for this??
1 Like

Hello.

I have the same question. If I am using the app and the cookie expires, the next request response is :

The interface then shows an error message like this :

Is there any way to logout the user automatically and display a message (something like : “you have been automatically logged out, please log in again”).

Did you manage to do this since you posted this question?

Thanks by advance for your help.

Hey @Babouinette,

Sorry for the late reply, I completely missed the email notification for this. :sweat_smile:

I have not figured this out yet unfortunately, it hasn’t ended up being a high priority for the app that I’m building. It’s still in the backlog, though, so if I figure it out I’ll report back here! Please do the same if you figure it out in the meantime!