Custom Domain in Flightcontrol managed Deployment

Hey all,

I’ve recently successfully deployed a development environment using Flightcontrol.dev. As of this moment, I can access the app at the provided AWS Cloudfront URL.

The next thing I’d like to accomplish is defining a custom domain for the Redwood app… specifically, something like “dev.mydomain.com” for the web side of the app, and perhaps “dev-api.mydomain.com” for the API side (my expectation is to run this “dev version” without touching or interacting with the Production version, when I finally get to that step).

The Flightcontrol docs say to add a “domain” property to the flightcontrol.json file, but it looks like there are already variables for REDWOOD_WEB_URL and REDWOOD_API_URL

…so my question is this: What is the best way to go about setting the custom subdomains as described above?

Thanks for any help ahead of time!

Hi @nullsett I’ve let our contacts at FlightControl know about your question and perhaps they can answer.

1 Like

Hey @dthyresson! Thanks so much! They did get back to me, and confirmed that it was way simpler than I was even expecting, just needed to add the “domain” properties (one directly inside each “service”) in the flightcontrol.json file.

Much appreciated!