Blog post series about a redwood based market place

Here is the intro to present what I am thinking of, I would like some feedback on what you like, don’t like what you think is missing, doesn’t make sense… anything!

The goal of this blog series is to create a boilerplate application that is using the stripe API to build a marketplace with subscriptions. Each seller is going to need to buy a subscription to be able to sell on our platform

Steps:

• Authentication
  • Start subscription
  • View my subscription
  • Cancel or upgrade my subscription
  • Add products
  • List products by category
  • Buy products
  • View my products
  • Subscriber payouts (with commission)
  • (admin) Payment list
  • (admin) make payment
  • (admin) Subscription list
3 Likes

I think this could be really valuable. You should try and connect with @dom and @chrisvdm they have been working really hard on a redwood example store using stripe. You can find the official repo here - GitHub - redwoodjs/example-store-stripe: Redwood Example Store with Stripe Checkout Integration

They might have some input and be able to guide you!

2 Likes

Updated plan

Part 1:

• Setup & Authentication
  • List Subscriptions
  • Subscribe

Part 2:

• View my subscription
  • Cancel or upgrade my subscription

Part 3:

• Add products
  • List products by category

Part 4:

• Buy products
  • View my products

Part 5:

• Check subscription validity
  • Subscriber payouts (with commission)

Part 6:

• (admin) Payment list
  • (admin) make payment
  • (admin) Subscription list
4 Likes

Sounds great! Looking forward to reading!

1 Like

Sounds amazing to me. Looking forward to checking it out and learning a lot from it!

1 Like

I have put up part 1, 2, and 3 here: GitHub - generalui/redwood-stripe: A market place prototype using Redwoodjs and Stripe

I am very eager to make this better and more useful, so please don’t hesitate to give some feedback while i am working on the 2 last parts.

1 Like

Cannot wait to start digging in to this. Thank you, so much!

Nice work! You have certainly put a lot of effort in.

Even with your 0 css approach, it may be nice to toss in a few screenshots in the readme. Show them the end goal, then back up and tell them how to get there. That is an approach I have used with high level presentations to a broad audience.

• b

Good idea, will add that, thanks!