Adding a mobile Expo workspace to Redwood project

Hi all, big fan of Redwood. I want to create an Expo project inside of the same repo so that I can share code like types. How could I add this Expo app while maintaining support for yarn workspaces? Should be the same process for if someone wanted to add another web client, like one for docs.

api/
web/
mobile/

Most of the threads here are focused on a Redwood integration. Like being able to write yarn rw g screen. I don’t need that. Just want compatibility with yarn workspaces. Is that possible? Thanks.

2 Likes

Welcome @nioannou !

I’m not versed into the topic but an esteemed member of our community has worked into it, here’s their work: GitHub - orta/redwood-expo-side.

Also we are looking for people willing to work on a mobile side working group, if you’d be interested in joining the effort please let members of the core team know! I think @Tobbe would like to hear about it.

Thanks for the response! Will check out redwood-expo-side, looks promising. In general, have you seen others spin up sides that are compatible with yarn workspaces? How would I go about doing that? I.e. adding “mobile” to the workspaces list in package.json. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a mobile app.

1 Like

Hi @noire.munich just bumping this. Specifically how could we make the linter work for this new side? Thanks!

Hi @nioannou
As stated, I haven’t explored much this aspect, but there’s definitely core team & community interest.

Have you looked into @orta 's repository?
Is there anywhere we could see your work related to this and jump in?