React Streaming and Server Side Rendering (SSR)

Any luck in resolving that issue? I’m seeing it as well.

Which part?
Needing the 1GB instance: I just stuck with the upgraded instance as this project would likely want it anyways down the line.

Cells: need to mess with still probably this weekend more seeing what got added via Redwood v7.

Deploying I did get to work though if you still needed help there.

Hey Guys!

Just a headsup that with Auth the streaming experiments - full auth support is still outstanding. I appreciate you trying this anyway - I’m sure there’s a lot of cases I haven’t thought of yet, so feedback will be helpful. Clerk, though is a no-go at the moment.

We have reprioritised our roadmap, so I’m having to put Auth on hold for now…
But maybe this table will be helpful! The column you want to look at is “client fallback” - which is what you’ll be using until I am able to get back to server auth!

What does Client fallback mean?

• if rendering a private page, server sends blank and let’s client render
  • if rendering a page with private elements, the cells/queries will error out (but show the loading the state to the user) until the client takes over

This is a happy side-effect of not implementing server side redirects (yet)

Cells: need to mess with still probably this weekend more seeing what got added via Redwood v7.

Remember that this experiment is only available on the canary builds of Redwood, so yarn rw upgrade -t canary - this is the bleeding edge version :slight_smile:

3 Likes