Prisma Day 2 was last Thursday (June 25th) and Friday (June 26th). Conferences are always a whirlwind of information, so I thought I’d do a Redwood Recap™ and provide you with a Table of Talks so you can go straight to watching the talk you want.
@mojombo gave an awesome talk (and flawless demo): RedwoodJS: Bringing Full-Stack to the Jamstack. It’s amazing how much you can get done with Redwood in < 25 minutes, and the speed of auth is still turning heads:
Soren and Jess also summed it up well in this thread:
Tom also did a Q&A in the chat, answering questions about topics ranging from what Redwood needs from Prisma (spoiler: dynamics providers) to SSG.
It was also really cool to see @danny give a huge shout-out right out of the gate to the Redwood community.
Here’s a few more highlights:
If you ever wondered how Jamstack thinks about databases, Mathias Billman’s (CEO @ Netlify) closing talk, The Jamstack and Your Data, was super enlightening. This is a must watch. Probably multiple times.
The waterfall problem has been brought up a few times, and Tim Suchanek (Software Engineer @ Prisma) gave an entire talk about How Prisma Solves the N+1 Problem in GraphQL Resolvers.
Prisma launched new website that’s going to be a great resource for all-things database: Prisma’s Data Guide. It’ll take you from the fundamentals to a deep-dive on PostgresQL.
Table of Talks
- Welcome, Daniel Norman, Developer Advocate @ Prisma
- Keynote, Søren Bramer Schmidt, Co-founder @ Prisma
- Prisma 2.0: Productivity and Confidence for your database, Nikolas Burk, Developer Success @ Prisma
- Happy Table Friends: Relations in Prisma, Martina Welander, Education Engineer @Prisma
- Welcome to Part 2, Daniel Norman, Developer Advocate @ Prisma
- Data Discovery with Studio, Siddhant Sinha, Software Engineer @ Prisma
- Showcase: Building a Calendar App with Prisma, Warren Day, Full-Stack Developer
- Serverless Prisma 2 with GCP Cloud Run, Émile Fugulin, Full-Stack Developer
- Welcome to Part 3, Daniel Norman, Developer Advocate @ Prisma
- How Prisma Solves the N+1 Problem in GraphQL Resolvers, Tim Suchanek, Software Engineer @ Prisma
- Showcase: Prisma Admin React Component, Ahmed Elywa, Full-Stack Developer
- Prisma VSCode Extension, Carmen Brendt, Software Engineer @ Prisma
- Type-Safety Beyond TypeScript, Joël Galeran, Software Engineer @ Prisma
- Showcase: Accessing Databases using NestJS with Prisma, Marc Stammerjohan, Full Stack Developer
- Welcome to Part 4, Daniel Norman, Developer Advocate @ Prisma
- RedwoodJS: Bringing Full-Stack to the Jamstack, Tom Preston-Werner, Founder @ Redwoodjs
- Blitz: the Full-Stack React Framework, Brandon Bayer, Creator of Blitz.js
- The Jamstack and Your Data, Mathias Biilmann, CEO @ Netlify
- Closing, Daniel Norman, Developer Advocate @ Prisma