I dunno about you guys, but Modals are such a pain to build, and do it consistently. Especially when they involve data. E.g. Create operation via graphql or an Edit operation (with a form) via graphql.
With the concepts in Redwood, I think there is an opportunity where Modals could have first class support that works with Cells and Pages.
Here is what I would like to see for modals and redwood:
- Modals have paths defined in routes
- Navigate to modal routes to open
- Browser history support for modal routes
- Full page modal support (click outside to close, or back button etc)
- Modal to modal route visits (could be for wizard steps)
- Flexible positioning (sidebar slideover, full page modals etc)
It might be a good opportunity for a cookbook or maybe it needs more official support in the framework itself?
Would also love to hear if anyone has come up with a good way to handle Modals in redwood?