A lot of this has never been posted on the forums so I wanted to collect everything and put it in one place in case anyone is interested in the material. Most of the middle material is in the First Look series but a lot of the other two sections are not.
I’ve also included everything I wrote about things like React and GraphQL as I was learning them which may prove useful for others wanting to learn Redwood but without much context around the various technologies.
The progression of the writing reflects my progression of learning the framework.
- Initial articles explore the history and motivation of the technologies that led to RedwoodJS
- Middle articles run through all of the tutorial and introductory material and summarize them in my own words
- Later articles explore new territory by including technology not included in the documentation such as FaunaDB
This wasn’t something I planned to do from the start, it is a post-rationalization of the process while looking back at it. I think the lessons to draw from it are:
- Start small and try to really understand the project and its motivation
- Do the due diligence of reading the entire documentation
- Once you finish with the available material start making your own
Note about dates: Some of these I published first on my newsletter minimumViableStack. I’ve included the earlier publication date as it better reflects the chronology of how I was writing these.