Error received during WebAuthn registration/setup

I walked through the blog tutorial, with two notable differences… I wanted to better understand the cuid support, so I changed all id ints to cuids; and I wanted to check out the WebAuthn (device login) support, so I enabled WebAuthn when it asked during the tutorial.

I created the UserCredential schema/table and everything seems to be almost working, during signup, I am prompted to enter my device authn (in this case, my PIN on Windows/Edge), but then receive the following error, which I am unable to resolve:

The app is receiving a 400 Bad Request:

With the error:

{“error”:“Cannot destructure property ‘id’ of ‘response’ as it is undefined.”}

There are no line numbers or stack here in the output and I see nothing helpful in the redwood logs, so I’m feeling a bit stuck. Does anyone have any tips on how I might track this down?

P.S. I am absolutely loving Redwood!!!

Oh… did find a stack in the console:

Which refers to this section in LoginPage.tsx:

const onRegister = async () => {
    try {
      await webAuthn.register()
      toast.success(WELCOME_MESSAGE)
      navigate(REDIRECT)
    } catch (e) {
      toast.error(e.message)
    }
  }

Could you share your repo?

Changing a database schema model where the primary key used integers ids to cuid (which are strings) has *lots * of downstream impact.

Helpful errors would be api side logs rather than in the web console however.

Did you:

• migrate your database
  • update all SDL
  • update all scenario tests data
  • regenerate the Prisma client and graphql types
  • restart the dev server
  • properly configure dbAuth for any id changes

?

Sure! Here’s the repo: payneio/redwoodblog: Blog example for Redwood framework. (github.com)

I believe I’ve done all of the above steps. Except I’m sure I missed something in the “properly configure dbAuth for any id changes”

Wait, you are on Windows Edge with PIN auth?

I don’t believe that’s supported.

See Self-hosted Authentication (dbAuth) | RedwoodJS Docs

And Server | SimpleWebAuthn

Did it work prior to changing to use cuid?

I tried with cuid first, so I don’t know if it worked. Unfortunate that Edge is not supported… same engine as Chrome now, so doesn’t seem like it would be that big of a deal… and you know 11% market share, which is above Safari and Firefox.

In any case, I get the same error in Chrome on Win 11.