ERROR After upgrade

I am getting the following error after upgrading rw, any clue?

TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The “path” argument must be of type string. Received null
web | at new NodeError (node:internal/errors:278:15)
web | at validateString (node:internal/validators:123:11)
web | at Object.resolve (node:path:147:9)
web | at module.exports (C:\reactapp\kpims\node_modules@redwoodjs\core\config\webpack.common.js:194:35)
web | at Object. (C:\reactapp\kpims\node_modules@redwoodjs\core\config\webpack.development.js:12:26)
web | at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1108:14)
web | at Object.Module._extensions…js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1137:10)
web | at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:973:32)
web | at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:813:14)
web | at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:997:19)
web | at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:92:18)
web | at WEBPACK_OPTIONS (C:\reactapp\kpims\node_modules\webpack-cli\bin\utils\convert-argv.js:114:13)
web | at requireConfig (C:\reactapp\kpims\node_modules\webpack-cli\bin\utils\convert-argv.js:116:6)
web | at C:\reactapp\kpims\node_modules\webpack-cli\bin\utils\convert-argv.js:123:17
web | at Array.forEach ()
web | at module.exports (C:\reactapp\kpims\node_modules\webpack-cli\bin\utils\convert-argv.js:121:15) {
web | code: ‘ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE’
web | }

Hi @khatyan, Could you let us know from what version of Redwood are you upgrading from and to?

Also is this error seen during the upgrade or afterwards and serving your app in dev?

afterwards when serving dev, and upgraded from 0.15.3

@khatyan Upgrading from 0.15 to 0.32 is a sizeable chamge!

As @thedavid notes in the announcements and release notes for each:

Upgrading to a version that is not the latest?

The command yarn rw upgrade will always upgrade to the latest (i.e. most recent) Redwood version. If you need to upgrade incrementally to a earlier, specific release, use the --tag option. For example, if you need to upgrade from v0.27.0 to v0.28.4, run the following command:

yarn redwood upgrade --tag 0.28.4

You’d want to do some incremental upgrades and follow each of the release notes and changes.

There are some significant config and path changes regarding db/Prisma and others in the 0.25 range.

If your v0.15 app is still small, I’dd suggest creating a new app with 0.32 and reworking the schema to match the latest. I think that would be much much easier than upgrading from such an early “alpha” release.

1 Like