dbAuth signup failure

i get this message

{"errors":[{"message":"The RedwoodJS API server is not available or is currently reloading. Please refresh."}]}

I litteraly didn’t change anything just ran yarn rw dev again after a day of doing sth else and now is working, I have no idea why, I didn’t change anything. But yey at least it’s working.

I did restart my laptop due to unrelated stuff now that I think of it. Maybe it had do with that.

2 Likes

Been there, many times! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to stop by and say I also needed to add RWJS_DEV_API_URL="http://localhost" in order for the API to work with yarn rw dev. (I was getting ECONNRESET, ECONNREFUSED otherwise, but only with dev and not build and serve.) Interestingly, I only need to do this on my Ubuntu machine—works fine without it on MacOS.

BTW, is it expected that one should have to rm -rf .redwood in a project after updating .env? Once I added RWJS_DEV_API_URL to it, it seems like change didn’t get picked up until I cleared .redwood.

BTW, is it expected that one should have to rm -rf .redwood in a project after updating .env ? Once I added RWJS_DEV_API_URL to it, it seems like change didn’t get picked up until I cleared .redwood .

Hmmm…haven’t heard of this one before. @danny would you say that’s recommended?

I should hasten to add, I’m not positive that it was the rm -rf .redwood business that made the critical difference, but I don’t know what else might have. Perhaps it was just running yarn rw dev once, and then once more, that was important.

edit: looks like I spoke too soon—I still get intermittent ECONNREFUSED, ECONNRESET errors even with no code/config changes. I need to put this down for now and can’t really give detailed repro instructions sadly, but here’s my repo, where I was running yarn, yarn rw g secret, yarn rw prisma migrate dev, yarn rw dev. It would be really nice if there were some way to examine log info from the API, as currently the only log output whenever something goes wrong is coming from the web side of things, where all it really tells you is that the API is unreachable for some reason.

I was facing the [ECONNREFUSED] error as well. Closing all the chrome tabs, exiting the chrome, and then running yarn rw dev fixed it for me.

1 Like